Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
java-ftper java-ftper is offline

Default enforce spell check on an edited conditional IF statement in word

hey,

i have a problem which i can't find a solution to on
site-http://word.mvps.org/faqs/mailmerge/ or google.

i have a conditional paragraph that is displayed based on an IF statement
for each client. if the paragraph is displayed a staff member has to ring
the client and types a summary of the chat within the IF statement. this all
wor4ks fine howe3ver the issue is that the spell and grammar check is not
enforced on the IF statement field/paragraph. is it possible to enable the
spell and grammar check on conditional fields etc?

we are currently using microsoft word 97.

thanks
james
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi java-ftper,

Assuming the fieldis being converted to text as part of the mailmerge process, you could simply run the spell-check after the merge
has been completed - doing it during the mailmerge isn't possible. To expedite/simplify the process, you could set all the text
except for the field in question in the mailmerge main document to 'no proofing', so that the spell-check would only test the text
the user has entered.

--
Cheers
macropod

"java-ftper" wrote in message ...
hey,

i have a problem which i can't find a solution to on
site-http://word.mvps.org/faqs/mailmerge/ or google.

i have a conditional paragraph that is displayed based on an IF statement
for each client. if the paragraph is displayed a staff member has to ring
the client and types a summary of the chat within the IF statement. this all
wor4ks fine howe3ver the issue is that the spell and grammar check is not
enforced on the IF statement field/paragraph. is it possible to enable the
spell and grammar check on conditional fields etc?

we are currently using microsoft word 97.

thanks
james

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
java-ftper java-ftper is offline

Default enforce spell check on an edited conditional IF statement in w

thanks for your quick response macropod.
your comment about selecting no proofing was very useful and something I had
not previously considered.
I also found a very interesting article
-http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm which I managed
to adapt to my requirements. Definitely recommended reading for anyone with a
similar issue.

James