Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
novice - MSExchange 5.5 novice - MSExchange 5.5 is offline

Default using macro to print to a specific tray

Hi,
I know how to use a macro to print to a tray but how do you find out which
macro to use for the HP Laserjet p3005x or HP Laserjet 4250tn print\tray
selection?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?bm92aWNlIC0gTVNFeGNoYW5nZSA1LjU=?=,

I know how to use a macro to print to a tray but how do you find out which
macro to use for the HP Laserjet p3005x or HP Laserjet 4250tn print\tray
selection?

You might want to try asking this in the more speciliazed word.printingfonts
newsgroup, or a word.vba newsgroup (for macros). From what I've read, there's
no simple algorithm to determine these things: it all depends on what the
printer driver provides and what name has been assigned to a printer when
it's added to Windows.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
novice - MSExchange 5.5 novice - MSExchange 5.5 is offline

Thanks for your reply I have downloaded an applicaton where you make the
specific printer your default and run the app. It then produces a list of
related numbers for the tray1,2,3, etc...

On the other printer I went through the above process. It is a free download
and saves a lot of extra effort.

I will check the name of it and reply tomorrow,

Thanks Mark P.