Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Access Joe Access Joe is offline

Default TOC displays seciton numbers - don't want them!

Hey everyone,

Office 2007
My TOC is getting inserted like so:

Introduction - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007..... 2-4
The Home Ribbon...... 2-7
Clipboard...2-12

What I do NOT want is that "2", which represents the current section that
line item comes from. I just want the page numbers. How can I change this
so is just gives me:

Introduction - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007..... 4
The Home Ribbon...... 7
Clipboard...12

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue O'Donnell Sue O'Donnell is offline

Check the number formatting in the header/footer menu. You probably have
"include chapter number" checked. Uncheck that and the chapter number will
not appear on your pages and then also won't appear in your TOC. On the other
hand, kf you want the chapter number to appear on your pages but not on your
TOC, that's a different problem and maybe someone else can solve that for you.

"Access Joe" wrote:

Hey everyone,

Office 2007
My TOC is getting inserted like so:

Introduction - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007..... 2-4
The Home Ribbon...... 2-7
Clipboard...2-12

What I do NOT want is that "2", which represents the current section that
line item comes from. I just want the page numbers. How can I change this
so is just gives me:

Introduction - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007..... 4
The Home Ribbon...... 7
Clipboard...12

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the Page Number Format dialog box, turn off the "Include chapter number"
setting *for each Word section*.

To display the dialog box: Double-click the header to activate the
header/footer area. On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, click Page
Number (in the Header & Footer group), and then click Format Page Numbers.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Access Joe" wrote in message
Hey everyone,

Office 2007
My TOC is getting inserted like so:

Introduction - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007..... 2-4
The Home Ribbon...... 2-7
Clipboard...2-12

What I do NOT want is that "2", which represents the current section that
line item comes from. I just want the page numbers. How can I change
this
so is just gives me:

Introduction - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007..... 4
The Home Ribbon...... 7
Clipboard...12

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Access Joe Access Joe is offline

Thanks, but the Format dialog box you speak of does NOT have this chapter
number box turned on. It is currently off. Any other ideas?

"Access Joe" wrote:

Hey everyone,

Office 2007
My TOC is getting inserted like so:

Introduction - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007..... 2-4
The Home Ribbon...... 2-7
Clipboard...2-12

What I do NOT want is that "2", which represents the current section that
line item comes from. I just want the page numbers. How can I change this
so is just gives me:

Introduction - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007..... 4
The Home Ribbon...... 7
Clipboard...12

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you sure that "Include chapter number" has been turned off for each
section?

If you press Alt+F9 to show the TOC field code, what does that look like?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Access Joe" wrote:

Hey everyone,

Office 2007
My TOC is getting inserted like so:

Introduction - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007..... 2-4
The Home Ribbon...... 2-7
Clipboard...2-12

What I do NOT want is that "2", which represents the current section
that
line item comes from. I just want the page numbers. How can I change
this
so is just gives me:

Introduction - Microsoft PowerPoint 2007..... 4
The Home Ribbon...... 7
Clipboard...12

Thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement