Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bradilac Bradilac is offline

Default Word Office Mac 2008 Will Not Print Black Text

Greetings,

I've just installed Office:Mac 2008 Home & Student Edition. Excel and
PowerPoint both print great, but Word will not print black text. It prints
colors just fine. Again, I can print black text from other Office apps as
well as Firefox and Safari. Also, I've confirmed that I do have plenty of
black ink.

Also, I've updated to the latest drivers for my HP Deskjet D4260. Still no
luck.

Anyone have the answer for this oddity? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Bradilac,

You may want to also post this in the Word:mac discussion group through the link below.

============

--
I hope this helps you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Microsoft Office:Mac newsgroups:

or
http://microsoft.com/mac/community/c...pid=newsgroups

Microsoft Office:Mac products and updates
http://microsoft.com/mac

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bradilac Bradilac is offline

Hello grammatim...

When I try to print black text, I actually get no print at all. Paper does
run through the printer, so there's communication happening, but nothing is
printed. Any other color I print (including gray shades) does print.

Thanks for your response.

wrote:
Greetings,

I've just installed Office:Mac 2008 Home & Student Edition. Excel and
PowerPoint both print great, but Word will not print black text. It prints
colors just fine. Again, I can print black text from other Office apps as
well as Firefox and Safari. Also, I've confirmed that I do have plenty of
black ink.

Also, I've updated to the latest drivers for my HP Deskjet D4260. Still no
luck.

Anyone have the answer for this oddity? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bradilac Bradilac is offline

Hello Graham Mayor,

I did try this and it didn't help. It seems any other color (including
shades of gray) print fine. It's just that black text results in nothing on
the printed page.

Thank you for your response.