Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debbie60 Debbie60 is offline

Default how to insert vertical lines in word document

Hi can anyone tell me how to insert vertical lines in a word document so that
they will be printed thus enabling blank box type spaces to be created (not
cells) to be filled in by hand written words
--
debbie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Have you tried the Drawing tools? You have lines and rectangles that should
do this.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Debbie60" wrote:

Hi can anyone tell me how to insert vertical lines in a word document so that
they will be printed thus enabling blank box type spaces to be created (not
cells) to be filled in by hand written words
--
debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It really isn't clear what you want :-)

Are you looking for vertical or *horizontal* [fill in the blanks] lines? Or
do you want complete rectangles?

Either can be accomplished with tables & the appropriate borders. Keep in
mind that a "table" can be as few as 1 cell. The Drawing Tools can also be
used to draw lines & rectangles but positioning & alignment of tables is
much easier to control & maintain.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac