Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom

Default Languages

I'm trying to write a document in Portuguese in Word, and Word is supposed to
automatically detect the change of languages, but it doesn't seem to be doing
it. I have a new computer, Word '03, etc, so everything is brand new. Does
anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

A message comes up that says: "Cannot find proofing tools for Portuguese
(Brazil). If you have the proofing tools, try installing or re-installing
them."
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

If you have an English version of Word, it comes with proofing tools
for French and Spanish. To add proofing tools for any other language,
you have to buy the separate Proofing Tools package. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821416.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman