Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JWO

Default Page Layout View

I have Office 2003 Pro SP2 installed. When in Word and using print layout
view the words in the document will push to the left side of the page and
look like a bunch of garbage along the left margin. If I click on another
document then back the document shows correct. If I also click to normal
view and back to print layout view is shows correct. I also installed the
latest print driver and that did not make a difference.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi JWO

Try installing the latest video driver for your video card. You can
generally download them from the website of the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"JWO" wrote in message
I have Office 2003 Pro SP2 installed. When in Word and using print layout
view the words in the document will push to the left side of the page and
look like a bunch of garbage along the left margin. If I click on another
document then back the document shows correct. If I also click to normal
view and back to print layout view is shows correct. I also installed the
latest print driver and that did not make a difference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott E

From another thread with the same problem:

"It's a bug that somehow seems to have Word misreading temporary files
related to the printer currently in use. You can usually 'unscramble' the
display from
File=Print and switch to the printer properties or to another printer
then your normal one, or close Word and delete all files found on
Start=Search and looking for ~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then
restarting Word."

Scott