Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kimberk kimberk is offline

Default how do you make journal entries into a journal template

I am using a flower template that I downloaded from Word to make journal
entries.
The template has lines on it, but when you type your entries into the
template, the words do not wrap to the lines. The lines just expand to fit
the paragraph., which is ok, but then the lines move down into the flower
border. How do you make your entries so that the words wrap onto the lines of
the template and the lines stay within the flower border?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds as if this template was designed to be printed out and written on
by hand. I don't think you're going to find any way to make it very
satisfactory unless perhaps you convert the lines into a background image
anchored to the header and then use the appropriate paragraph spacing to
make your text appear to sit on the lines. But when you're typing, you don't
really need the lines, do you?

http://word.mvps.org

"kimberk" wrote in message
I am using a flower template that I downloaded from Word to make journal
entries.
The template has lines on it, but when you type your entries into the
template, the words do not wrap to the lines. The lines just expand to fit
the paragraph., which is ok, but then the lines move down into the flower
border. How do you make your entries so that the words wrap onto the lines
of
the template and the lines stay within the flower border?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kimberk kimberk is offline

thank you for the reply. I did figure out how to type on the lines, but it's
a hassle. you have to stop before the end of the line and click down on each
line.