Gloria

Default Activate CAPITALS corrections in AutoCorrect

How can I apply AutoCorrect to words in capitals? This option is not even
among the available check boxes.
garfield-n-odie

Type a word in capitals as desired, select it, and save it as a
"formatted text" AutoCorrect entry in Tools | AutoCorrect Options

Gloria wrote:

How can I apply AutoCorrect to words in capitals? This option is not even
among the available check boxes.

Gloria

Thanks, garfield-n-odie. Still, I think in the next Office version Microsoft
should make AutoCorrect work for the same words in capitals. I think this was
available in Word 97.

Gloria wrote:

How can I apply AutoCorrect to words in capitals? This option is not even
among the available check boxes.

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Actually, if I understand your issue, this already works fine in Word 2003
(probably earlier versions, as well). For example, I just created an
AutoCorrect entry for:

fishign

to automatically correct it to fishing.

If I type Fishign or FISHIGN, both are automatically corrected to Fishing
and FISHING.

Is that what you mean? If so, it happens automatically. No option is needed.

I tried various settings to see if I could get it to NOT automatically
correct (e.g., enabling "Ignore Words in UPPERCASE" in Tools - Options -
Spelling and Grammar). However, it continues to work regardless of what I
do.

Try "fishign" "fishing" as an AutoCorrect entry pair. Does it NOT work for
you?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com