mcleven

Default Powerpoint imbedded in Word

I would like to create a Word document to gather comments on a PPT
presentation I gave on corporate strategy. Ideally, I would like to have
hyperlinks to to the relevant portion of the strategy presentation. This
would allow the responder to refresh their memory, while not cluttering the
Word document with information that is not necessary for the people who
stayed awake :^)

I would like to make this self-contained, as there is no single server that
everyone in our global corporation can access. Just point me in the right
direction and I can figure this out. New to Office 2003 but not to Office.
Shauna Kelly

Hi mcleven

I'm not sure I really understand what you need to do. But if you want to
embed a PowerPoint presentation in a Word document, here is how.

Insert Object. On the Create from File tab, click Browse, find your
PowerPoint file and click Insert. Back in the Object dialog box, I suggest
you tick the box "Display as icon" and, if you like, you can then change the
icon that Word uses to display the PowerPoint file. Click OK.

You could then add an introductory paragraph that says something like
"Double click on the icon below to open up the original PowerPoint
presentation."

Hope this helps. If not, post back and let us know more about what you would
like the Word document to do.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"mcleven" wrote in message
I would like to create a Word document to gather comments on a PPT
presentation I gave on corporate strategy. Ideally, I would like to have
hyperlinks to to the relevant portion of the strategy presentation. This
would allow the responder to refresh their memory, while not cluttering
the
Word document with information that is not necessary for the people who
stayed awake :^)

I would like to make this self-contained, as there is no single server
that
everyone in our global corporation can access. Just point me in the right
direction and I can figure this out. New to Office 2003 but not to Office.

MCleven

Perfect. The embedded PPT runs in slideshow, which is exactly what I wanted.
I see that if I want to give the icon a more meaningful caption, that is done
inside the Change Icon dialogue box.

I broke my main presentation up into a series of presentations by topic, so
as I get to each topic in my word doc, I can point to the related PPT. This
has turned out to be very effective; I got "wow's" when I showed a draft to
my colleagues.

Thanks, Marc