Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sohoma Knome

Default I want to save envelopes without the blank sheet of paper

I save many envelopes that have various names on them. But each envelope has
a blank sheet of paper that I cant get rid of permantntly. I kno whow to
print current page, but if that extra page wasn't there I could just print
without that step.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you were to use an envelope template instead, you wouldn't have the extra
page to start with. There are examples you can download from my web site.
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

Sohoma Knome wrote:
I save many envelopes that have various names on them. But each
envelope has a blank sheet of paper that I cant get rid of
permantntly. I kno whow to print current page, but if that extra
page wasn't there I could just print without that step.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi

Display the doc in Normal view. You will see a line labelled Section Break.
THe envelope is above this break, the blank page below.
Put the cursor on the envelope, but *not* in the paragraph where the
recipient address goes. Do File \ Page Setup. Make a note of the margin
settings, then click the Paper tab and make a note of the paper size. Cancel
out.
Now put the cursor on the blank page, File \ Page Setup and enter the same
numbers for margin and paper size, and change the orientation to landscape.
Click OK.
In Tool \ Options \ View, turn on paragraph marks under formatting marks.
Back in your doc, select the section break and the blank paragraph mark
below it, and delete. Save your 1-page envelope.
Reason for the above rigmarole: The formatting of a section is saved in the
section brak at the END of the section. If you delete a break, the part of
the doc above the break gets the format of the following section. Here, the
second section was a normal letter-sized sheet, so its size had to be changed
to that of the envelope. Strangely, Word will not let you apply the envelope
page setup to the whole document, so you must resize the second section by
hand.
--
Ted

"Sohoma Knome" wrote:

I save many envelopes that have various names on them. But each envelope has
a blank sheet of paper that I cant get rid of permantntly. I kno whow to
print current page, but if that extra page wasn't there I could just print
without that step.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One way to get rid of the extra page is this:

1. With the insertion point in Section 1 (the envelope), go to File | Page
Setup.

2. Without making any changes, click OK.

3. With the insertion point in Section 2 (the blank page), open Page Setup
and press F4 (Repeat). This will copy the page setup from section 1.

4. You can now delete the section break (more easily done in Normal view),
and the empty paragraph that follows it.