Craig

Default How to make a copy of a macro toolbar icon

I have been using the same Normal.dot (customized) for decades (since MS
word 95)..
It seems that there is a problem with the normal.dot. So I am thinking
about creating a new customized normal.dot from the original normal.dot.
With the old normal.dot, there is a macro tool bar called "date". It was
created many years ago. So I have no recollection how I created the date
icon and placed in the tool bar. I have "date.dot" for the date toolbar.
Could someone tell me how to copy the date toolbar into a new normal.dot?
Or how can I create the macro date toolbar from "date.dot".? I am
currently using 97Microsoft Office Suite/Word under WinXP Pro-SP2
environment. TIA. Craig

Anne Troy

Hi, Craig. Use the Organizer:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/u...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Craig" wrote in message
I have been using the same Normal.dot (customized) for decades (since MS
word 95)..
It seems that there is a problem with the normal.dot. So I am

thinking
about creating a new customized normal.dot from the original normal.dot.
With the old normal.dot, there is a macro tool bar called "date". It was
created many years ago. So I have no recollection how I created the date
icon and placed in the tool bar. I have "date.dot" for the date toolbar.
Could someone tell me how to copy the date toolbar into a new normal.dot?
Or how can I create the macro date toolbar from "date.dot".? I am
currently using 97Microsoft Office Suite/Word under WinXP Pro-SP2
environment. TIA. Craig

Craig

Thanks Ann.

Craig

news:d3331$42d57602$97c5108d$22266@allthenewsgroup s.com...

"Craig" wrote in message
I have been using the same Normal.dot (customized) for decades (since MS
word 95)..
It seems that there is a problem with the normal.dot. So I am

thinking
about creating a new customized normal.dot from the original normal.dot.
With the old normal.dot, there is a macro tool bar called "date". It
was
created many years ago. So I have no recollection how I created the date
icon and placed in the tool bar. I have "date.dot" for the date
toolbar.
Could someone tell me how to copy the date toolbar into a new normal.dot?
Or how can I create the macro date toolbar from "date.dot".? I am
currently using 97Microsoft Office Suite/Word under WinXP Pro-SP2
environment. TIA. Craig

I think maybe what you're asking is (1) how to get a date button on a
toolbar or (2) how to use the icon from the Date button on the button for a
macro.

1. If you want a button on your toolbar to insert the date, open Tools |
Customize and select the Commands tab. In the Category list, select Insert.
In the Commands list, scroll down to Date. Select it and drag it to the
desired toolbar. Then close the Customize dialog.

2. If you want to use the icon (button face) from this date button for the
button for a custom macro. Open the Customize dialog again. Right-click on
the Insert Date button and choose Copy Button Image. Then right-click on
your macro button and choose Paste Button Image. If you no longer need the
Insert Date button, left-click on it and drag it off the toolbar. Close the
Customize dialog.

"Craig" wrote in message
I have been using the same Normal.dot (customized) for decades (since MS
word 95)..
It seems that there is a problem with the normal.dot. So I am

thinking
about creating a new customized normal.dot from the original normal.dot.
With the old normal.dot, there is a macro tool bar called "date". It was
created many years ago. So I have no recollection how I created the date
icon and placed in the tool bar. I have "date.dot" for the date toolbar.
Could someone tell me how to copy the date toolbar into a new normal.dot?
Or how can I create the macro date toolbar from "date.dot".? I am
currently using 97Microsoft Office Suite/Word under WinXP Pro-SP2
environment. TIA. Craig

macho

Thanks Suzanne

I will follow your instruction. I will let you know how it goes. It now
seems that I should open two doc documents: one with old normal.dot with the
Date toolbar and the other with the new normal.dot. Is that correct?
Craig

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

so
all may benefit.

"Craig" wrote in message
I have been using the same Normal.dot (customized) for decades (since MS
word 95)..
It seems that there is a problem with the normal.dot. So I am

thinking
about creating a new customized normal.dot from the original normal.dot.
With the old normal.dot, there is a macro tool bar called "date". It
was
created many years ago. So I have no recollection how I created the date
icon and placed in the tool bar. I have "date.dot" for the date
toolbar.
Could someone tell me how to copy the date toolbar into a new normal.dot?
Or how can I create the macro date toolbar from "date.dot".? I am
currently using 97Microsoft Office Suite/Word under WinXP Pro-SP2
environment. TIA. Craig

You cannot create Normal.dot; only Word can do that. If you suspect
Normal.dot is corrupt, you can rename it and let Word build a new one. Many
customizations (including custom toolbars) can be copied from the renamed
Normal.dot to the new one using the Organizer. Unfortunately, toolbar
customizations are not among the things that can be copied. But you can
create a custom toolbar in the old Normal.dot and move your custom buttons
to it, copy that toolbar into the new Normal.dot, and then drag the custom
buttons from the custom toolbar to one of the built-in ones.

"macho" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne

I will follow your instruction. I will let you know how it goes. It now
seems that I should open two doc documents: one with old normal.dot with

the
Date toolbar and the other with the new normal.dot. Is that correct?
[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Craig" wrote in message
[...]

Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc. You should be able to move the macros and toolbar, or just use the
date.dot as an Add-In.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.