Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Parkinson

Default Clicking on hyperlinks in Word

I have just installed MS Office 2002 on a Dell XPS 600. On my old Dell
Dimension 8200 I was able to click on hyperlinks in Word (Web sites, e-mails
and tables of contents) and jump to the target indicated by the hyperlink.
Now I am no longer able to. If anyone can provide insight into what has gone
wrong there, I would be most grateful.

Regards,

Rob Parkinson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Clear the "Use CTRL + Click to follow hyperlink" option on the Edit
tab of ToolsOptions, in order to restore the behavior of older Word
versions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rob Parkinson" wrote in message
I have just installed MS Office 2002 on a Dell XPS 600. On my old

Dell
Dimension 8200 I was able to click on hyperlinks in Word (Web sites,

e-mails
and tables of contents) and jump to the target indicated by the

hyperlink.
Now I am no longer able to. If anyone can provide insight into what

has gone
wrong there, I would be most grateful.

Regards,

Rob Parkinson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Parkinson

Many thanks for your help, Stephan. It was turned on in my settings, but for
some reason turning it off resolved the problem.

Regards,

Rob Parkinson

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Clear the "Use CTRL + Click to follow hyperlink" option on the Edit
tab of ToolsOptions, in order to restore the behavior of older Word
versions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rob Parkinson" wrote in message
I have just installed MS Office 2002 on a Dell XPS 600. On my old

Dell
Dimension 8200 I was able to click on hyperlinks in Word (Web sites,

e-mails
and tables of contents) and jump to the target indicated by the

hyperlink.
Now I am no longer able to. If anyone can provide insight into what

has gone
wrong there, I would be most grateful.

Regards,

Rob Parkinson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Glad I could help.

The option is selected by default, which means that you have to hold
the Ctrl key when clicking links.