ace

Default Watermarks on different pages in word

Is it possible to place different watermarks on different pages using word?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Yes. Watermarks are placed into the header or footer region. If you have a
two page document, you can have different header/footer areas by choose
File - Page Setup - Layout tab, and ticking Different First Page. If you
more pages than that, you'd need to insert section breaks between pages
(Insert - Break - Next Page), and you'd need to disconnect the headers from
later sections so that they are no longer linked to those in earlier
sections. In the Header and Footer toolbar, look for the Link to Previous
tool. If it looks "pressed in", then the header or footers are linked, if
it's not pressed in, then they can be distinct.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"ace" wrote in message
Is it possible to place different watermarks on different pages using
word?

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Yes. Watermarks go into the header.

See this article to learn how to handle watermarks:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=207

And this article to learn to add sections to handle different headers:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246

Then put the two ideas together and you've got what you want.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

View Hurricane Humane Updates: http://www.mousetrax.com/pets.html

Free Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:33:02 -0700, ace
wrote:

Is it possible to place different watermarks on different pages using word?

Graham Mayor

While (as others have said) watermarks normally go in the header, if you
want a different watermark on every page or a watermark on odd pages, then
instead of putting the watermark (a pale graphic) in the header, put it/them
on the page(s) in question and set the layout property to 'behind text'.

ace wrote:
Is it possible to place different watermarks on different pages using
word?

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

True...and further to Graham's comments...this article (near bottom)
will show you how to do that with a TextBox...assuming your layout can
handle this method???

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified

BAN STUPID PEOPLE...NOT DOGS!
View Hurricane Humane Updates: http://www.mousetrax.com/pets.html

Free Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 07:32:02 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

While (as others have said) watermarks normally go in the header, if you
want a different watermark on every page or a watermark on odd pages, then
instead of putting the watermark (a pale graphic) in the header, put it/them
on the page(s) in question and set the layout property to 'behind text'.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ustudent

I am having the same problem with placing different watermarks in different
sections of a document. I have already created different sections and
unlinked the headers and footers from the previous sections but I still get
the same watermark on all pages when I add one to one of the sections???

Can anyone give details - the previous links have not helped nor has
javascript:OpenVideo('/assistance/asstvid.aspx?assetid=XT100905581033&vwidth=720&vhe ight=540&type=mediaplayer&CTT=11&Origin=HA10090561 1033',720,540);

Thanks for any assistance.

Joseph

Is it possible to place different watermarks on different pages using word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are using Format | Background | Printed Watermark in Word 2002 or
2003, you may find that you have to create the watermark manually instead,
following the directions at €œHOW TO: Create a Watermark in Word 97 and in
Microsoft Word 2000€ athttp://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324

"ace" wrote:

Is it possible to place different watermarks on different pages using

word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

My guess would be that you are using FormatBackgroundPrinted Watermark,
although you don't mention what version of Word or other pertinent info that
would be helpful in this issue.

If I'm right, though, that feature is designed to apply to the entire doc &
cannot be changed on a page-by-page or sec-by-sec basis - as you're finding
out. You'll need to go to each *different* page/section's H/F & insert the
watermark to be used on that page or in that section.
--
HTH|:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"ace" wrote:

Is it possible to place different watermarks on different pages using
word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ustudent

I wasn't sure what you meant by attaching the watermark in the different
section/page until I noticed the anchor was to the left of the header! Once
I moved the header to the paragraph level on the page the separate watermark
worked perfectly!

I would suggest that Microsoft Word assistance update this in their
demo/tutorial information - just give more step-by-step information.

Thanks

"CyberTaz" wrote:

My guess would be that you are using FormatBackgroundPrinted Watermark,
although you don't mention what version of Word or other pertinent info that
would be helpful in this issue.

If I'm right, though, that feature is designed to apply to the entire doc &
cannot be changed on a page-by-page or sec-by-sec basis - as you're finding
out. You'll need to go to each *different* page/section's H/F & insert the
watermark to be used on that page or in that section.
--
HTH|:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"ace" wrote:

Is it possible to place different watermarks on different pages using
word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Joe is offline

i dont now is it i thought u would now