Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elessvie Elessvie is offline

Default Number words instead of numerals as page numbers

Hello,

Word 2003

In the footer, I need the page numbering to be as follows: "Page One of
Document," "Page Two of Document," etc., not "Page 1 of Document," "Page 2 of
Document," etc.

I tried inserting the NUMWORDS field for the page number, but am unable to
get it to start at "one."

Can you please help me?

Many thanks.

Eless
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elessvie Elessvie is offline

I just realized NUMWORDS gives the number of WORDS in a document.

Having just identified myself as a real stupe, I'm wondering if anyone would
still answer my initial question: How can I have page numbers spelled out as
words?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Eless

"Elessvie" wrote:

Hello,

Word 2003

In the footer, I need the page numbering to be as follows: "Page One of
Document," "Page Two of Document," etc., not "Page 1 of Document," "Page 2 of
Document," etc.

I tried inserting the NUMWORDS field for the page number, but am unable to
get it to start at "one."

Can you please help me?

Many thanks.

Eless

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Although this is not an option in the Format Page Number dialog, you can
apply this formatting manually.

1. View | Header and Footer. This opens the header pane. If your page number
is in the footer, click the Switch Between Header and Footer button on the
Header and Footer toolbar to get to the footer pane.

2. Press Alt+F9 to view the PAGE field code.

3. After PAGE type \*CardText \*FirstCap

4. Press Alt+F9 again to toggle back to view of the field result.

For more on these formatting switches, see the Help topic "Format (\*) field
switch."

"Elessvie" wrote:

Hello,

Word 2003

In the footer, I need the page numbering to be as follows: "Page One of
Document," "Page Two of Document," etc., not "Page 1 of Document," "Page

2 of
Document," etc.

I tried inserting the NUMWORDS field for the page number, but am unable

get it to start at "one."

Can you please help me?

Many thanks.

Eless

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elessvie Elessvie is offline

Thank you. That was just what I was looking for! Works beautifully.

By the way, the Help topic "Format (\*) field switch" does not give a list
of the switches that can be used with this field code. (This topic was
actually the first place I looked before posting.) Is there some way to see
a list of switches for each field code?

Many thanks,

Eless

"Elessvie" wrote:

Hello,

Word 2003

In the footer, I need the page numbering to be as follows: "Page One of
Document," "Page Two of Document," etc., not "Page 1 of Document," "Page

2 of
Document," etc.

I tried inserting the NUMWORDS field for the page number, but am unable

get it to start at "one."

Can you please help me?

Many thanks.

Eless

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elessvie Elessvie is offline

I see the list of switches now! Sorry! (I had been looking under "PAGE [\*
Format Switch]," in which it does not give a list. It just gives a link to
Switches, then that just gives "\* Format Switch" without a list.

Any way, thank you VERY much again!

Eless

"Elessvie" wrote:

Hello,

Word 2003

In the footer, I need the page numbering to be as follows: "Page One of
Document," "Page Two of Document," etc., not "Page 1 of Document," "Page

2 of
Document," etc.

I tried inserting the NUMWORDS field for the page number, but am unable

get it to start at "one."

Can you please help me?

Many thanks.

Eless

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I see what you mean. You'd think they could at least make "\* Format Switch"
a link to the appropriate Help topic!

"Elessvie" wrote in message
I see the list of switches now! Sorry! (I had been looking under "PAGE

[\*

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Although this is not an option in the Format Page Number dialog, you can
apply this formatting manually.

1. View | Header and Footer. This opens the header pane. If your page

number
is in the footer, click the Switch Between Header and Footer button on

the
Header and Footer toolbar to get to the footer pane.

2. Press Alt+F9 to view the PAGE field code.

3. After PAGE type \*CardText \*FirstCap

4. Press Alt+F9 again to toggle back to view of the field result.

For more on these formatting switches, see the Help topic "Format (\*)

field
switch."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Elessvie" wrote:

Hello,

Word 2003

In the footer, I need the page numbering to be as follows: "Page One

of
Document," "Page Two of Document," etc., not "Page 1 of Document,"

"Page
2 of
Document," etc.

I tried inserting the NUMWORDS field for the page number, but am

unable
get it to start at "one."

Can you please help me?

Many thanks.

Eless

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will find a lot more about the use of switches - including a reference
table showing the use of all standard switches at