Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Bob is offline

Default Getting "&" to appear in drop-down box results

Using the Forms toolbar, I have created a drop-down box containing "T&&C
(1)". When a user clicks on the arrow of the drop-down box, they see "T&C
(1)", which is what they're supposed to see. But once they have selected
"T&C (1)", the result that appears in the box is "TC (1)". The ampersand
does not show up!
Can anyone tell me how I can make "T&C (1)" appear in the results box once
the user has clicked on it?
Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Use_Ampers...down_Field.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:08:26 -0800, Bob
wrote:

Using the Forms toolbar, I have created a drop-down box containing "T&&C
(1)". When a user clicks on the arrow of the drop-down box, they see "T&C
(1)", which is what they're supposed to see. But once they have selected
"T&C (1)", the result that appears in the box is "TC (1)". The ampersand
does not show up!
Can anyone tell me how I can make "T&C (1)" appear in the results box once
the user has clicked on it?
Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Bob is offline

Jay,
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, per my company's policy, we are not
permitted to use any macros/VBA code in our documents. I was hoping to find
a non-macro solution.
Thanks all the same.
Bob

wrote:

Using the Forms toolbar, I have created a drop-down box containing "T&&C
(1)". When a user clicks on the arrow of the drop-down box, they see "T&C
(1)", which is what they're supposed to see. But once they have selected
"T&C (1)", the result that appears in the box is "TC (1)". The ampersand
does not show up!
Can anyone tell me how I can make "T&C (1)" appear in the results box once
the user has clicked on it?
Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Sorry to say, your company has summarily thrown out the baby with the bath
water. There's a large class of "How do I..." questions about Word for which
the only answer is "Write a macro to..." By forbidding macros, they've taken
a superb productivity tool and turned it into nothing more than a fancy
typewriter.

I understand that you may not be able to do anything about the policy, but
the consequences are unavoidable.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman