Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
efandango efandango is offline

Default Huge Document - I have to lose the tables and replace with tabs

I have a huge 3000 page word doc that has 100's of tables in it. Does anyone
know how i can remove/replace the tables with tabs?. Is there a way of
searching for tables, I cannot find anyting in the search box, or the
'special code' that denotes a table.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:51:00 -0800, efandango
wrote:

I have a huge 3000 page word doc that has 100's of tables in it. Does anyone
know how i can remove/replace the tables with tabs?. Is there a way of
searching for tables, I cannot find anyting in the search box, or the
'special code' that denotes a table.

Use the following macro (see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed):

Sub TablesToTabbedText()
Dim oTbl As Table
For Each oTbl In ActiveDocument.Tables
oTbl.ConvertToText Separator:=wdSeparateByTabs
Next
End Sub

It does the equivalent of the menu command Table Convert Table to
Text for every table in the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi,

Make a copy of your document and try running the following macro on the copy:

Sub Tbls2Tabs()
Dim oTable As Integer
With ActiveDocument
If .Tables.Count 0 Then
For oTable = .Tables.Count To 1 Step -1
.Tables(oTable).Rows.ConvertToText Separator:=wdSeparateByTabs, NestedTables:=True
Next oTable
End If
End With
End Sub

If any tables has vertically-merged cells, you may have some cleaning up to do afterwards, just as you would if you were converting
them manually.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"efandango" wrote in message ...
| I have a huge 3000 page word doc that has 100's of tables in it. Does anyone
| know how i can remove/replace the tables with tabs?. Is there a way of
| searching for tables, I cannot find anyting in the search box, or the
| 'special code' that denotes a table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
efandango efandango is offline

Default Huge Document - I have to lose the tables and replace with tab

Thanks Jay (& Mac)

it worked a treat, liberation from digital slavery...