Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] andy.cotgreave@gmail.com is offline

Default Keeping split cells together across page breaks

Hi,
I have a mail merge catalogue. Each item has one row with 10 cells,
left to right.

I have split the first cell into two cells (one column, two rows) in
order to improve my formatting.

However, now a page break can appear between the upper and lower cell
in the first column of the catalogue, and I want to prevent that.

Does anyone know a way of preventing this (preferably without VBA, but
it's fine if that's the only way) - i want each of the two new cells
in the first column to always be on the same page.

(Word 2003, Windows XP)

Thanks!

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] andy.cotgreave@gmail.com is offline

Experts-exchange gave me the answer:
Set the paragraph style in the upper row of the split cells to "Keep
with next"

On Mar 6, 9:59 am, wrote:
Hi,
I have a mail merge catalogue. Each item has one row with 10 cells,
left to right.

I have split the first cell into two cells (one column, two rows) in
order to improve my formatting.

However, now a page break can appear between the upper and lower cell
in the first column of the catalogue, and I want to prevent that.

Does anyone know a way of preventing this (preferably without VBA, but
it's fine if that's the only way) - i want each of the two new cells
in the first column to always be on the same page.

(Word 2003, Windows XP)

Thanks!

Andy

Borders in split cells KyleW Microsoft Word Help 3 January 19th 07 05:23 PM
How can I Insert a column into a table that contains split cells Kate Vaughn Tables 1 August 9th 06 05:48 AM
Split cells JenK Tables 4 August 8th 06 04:27 PM
How do I split a row of cells? Akrodon Tables 1 October 28th 05 04:49 PM
Keeping number series together without line split ryckma2 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 30th 04 05:04 PM