Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jan Jan is offline

Default How do I convert tables to text in Office 2007?

I can find the command - Convert text to table but not to convert table to
text. Please could you help me with the matter.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Jan,

Put the cursor inside the table, then click Table Tools|Layout|Convert to Text.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Jan" wrote in message ...
I can find the command - Convert text to table but not to convert table to
text. Please could you help me with the matter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jan Jan is offline

Hi macropod, I tried your solution without success. In Office 2007 there is
no Layout in the drop down menu for tables. Any other thoughts?

"Jan" wrote in message ...
I can find the command - Convert text to table but not to convert table to
text. Please could you help me with the matter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Jan,

Using Word 2007, I:
.. created a table, via Insert|Table
.. clicked outside the table then clicked back inside it (neither step necessary, but confirms what happens when you click on a cell
within a table)
.. clicked the "Layout" tab on the 'Table Tools" 'menu' that becomes visible once you've clicked on a table cell
.. clicked 'convert to text' then OK
Table was converted to text.

Cheers
--