Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mjones mjones is offline

Default Screen Jumping

Hi All,

I frequently have experienced what I describe as screen jumping when
in Word 2003 tables. When a table does this, it happens frequently
just editing or moving about.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can prevent it?

I thought it might have something to do with different heights in
things like row heights, paragraph spacing before and after, cell
margins, or whole table settings confused with cell, row or column
settings. I'm not sure where to start in giving information.

Thanks,

Michele

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Yacbo Yacbo is offline

This happens when your cursor resides within a cell of a table, but you
scroll to another table with the intention of repositioning the cursor for
editing. Only, when you left-click the mouse you are actually on top of a
grid line of the intended destination cell instead of within that cell. In
the future, make sure you are squarely within the destination cell before
left-clicking, or Word willl return you to the original table. Is this the
type of "screen jumping" you are referring to?

"mjones" wrote:

Hi All,

I frequently have experienced what I describe as screen jumping when
in Word 2003 tables. When a table does this, it happens frequently
just editing or moving about.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can prevent it?

I thought it might have something to do with different heights in
things like row heights, paragraph spacing before and after, cell
margins, or whole table settings confused with cell, row or column
settings. I'm not sure where to start in giving information.

Thanks,

Michele

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mjones mjones is offline

I've experienced "screen jumping" in different places, but here's an
example with radio buttons in a table. It was improved when I got the
height of the radio buttons and the cells the same, but it still
jumps.

http://www.quality-computing.com/test.doc

Thanks,

Michele

-------

"mjones" wrote:
Hi All,

I frequently have experienced what I describe as screen jumping when
in Word 2003 tables. When a table does this, it happens frequently
just editing or moving about.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can prevent it?

I thought it might have something to do with different heights in
things like row heights, paragraph spacing before and after, cell
margins, or whole table settings confused with cell, row or column
settings. I'm not sure where to start in giving information.

Thanks,

Michele- Hide quoted text -