Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
KYaeger KYaeger is offline

Default Long Table Not printing correctly

A document with a long table is printing the bottom part of the table beyond
the right margin instead of on the next page. If I past all text and tables
into new document all is OK, however, if I select all and then copy and paste
into a new document, the same thing happens. If I delete the table from the
document and add a new long table, the same problem occurs. Wrapping is not
on in the table properties. If I manually add a page break, the problem goes
away. The creator wants to know what is causing this, I am in support. What
is the difference in Select All and copying and pasting all by dragging?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi KY

KYaeger wrote:
A document with a long table is printing the bottom part of the table beyond
the right margin instead of on the next page. If I past all text and tables
into new document all is OK, however, if I select all and then copy and paste
into a new document, the same thing happens. If I delete the table from the
document and add a new long table, the same problem occurs. Wrapping is not
on in the table properties. If I manually add a page break, the problem goes
away. The creator wants to know what is causing this, I am in support. What
is the difference in Select All and copying and pasting all by dragging?

Can't quite make out what the problem is, but the usual suspect is
"something" invisible is anchored in the footer area, pushing the
content away. If that's true, the most likely culprit is an empty frame
(Insert | Page numbers inserts a PAGE field in such a frame, and if the
page number is deleted, the frame can easily be missed --- good reason
no to insert page numbers that way :-)).

0.2ΒΆ
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS