Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Tom is offline

Default Add space after table

I would like to add 12 pts of space after a table. I captured a
screenshot to show what I'm talking about:

http://www.idratherbewriting.com/wp-...02/problem.png

See how the text that follows the table is scrunched right up against
the table? How can I cushion that more?

In searching the archives of this forum, I fear the only way is to
manually add the spacing. I was hoping to tweak a setting in my table
style or table macro. Thanks for any help.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can create a Spacing Above paragraph style (with the desired
spacing) and apply it to the paragraph below the table.

Another option (though more clumsy) is to add a fixed-height row at
the bottom of the table; make sure it has no contents and no borders.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tom" wrote in message
ps.com...
I would like to add 12 pts of space after a table. I captured a
screenshot to show what I'm talking about:

http://www.idratherbewriting.com/wp-...02/problem.png

See how the text that follows the table is scrunched right up

against
the table? How can I cushion that more?

In searching the archives of this forum, I fear the only way is to
manually add the spacing. I was hoping to tweak a setting in my

table
style or table macro. Thanks for any help.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Tom is offline

Wow, I can't believe there isn't some CSS setting that allows space
after a table. But yes, I guess I'll just create another style that
has more padding. Thanks for the tip.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I don't know about CSS, but in Word that would be the easier solution.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

oups.com...