Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
marinschool marinschool is offline

Default how do i insert columns in part of a table in WORD

i want to insert columns in a section of a table - not the entire table.
Word Help does not address this, or if it does, I don't undertand it!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You cannot insert (newspaper style) columns in a table. You can nest a table
inside a table, or you can split a table cell into two or more columns. I
suspect the last is what you want to do. Select the cells you want to split
and choose Table | Split Cells, choosing the appropriate number of columns
and rows.

"marinschool" wrote in message
i want to insert columns in a section of a table - not the entire table.
Word Help does not address this, or if it does, I don't undertand it!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Hi;

Do the following:
1. On the view menu, point Toolbarbars, and then click Tables and Borders.
2. Click the Draw Table botton on the Tables and Border Toolbar.
A pencil cursor is displayed.
3. Click on the top of the cell you want to insert a column and drag down
till the base of the cell(s).
Similarly, you can click the Erase button on the Table and Borders button to
deleted the table boreder to need to delete. Deleting any border will remove
the border of cell and display as a single merged cell. You can create a
nested table this way.

Challa Prabhu