dbuchanan

Default Table properties - borders

What is controlling my table? How do I get this table (which was pasted
from MS-help) to format like the tables created within Word?

The table has one outline around the entire table and an outline around
each cell. This gives double lines! I want single lines. I cannot find
any way to edit this within table properties?

Help! Thank you.

Pat Garard

G'Day D,

Make sure that the insertion point is inside the table, but
that nothing is selected:
1 FormatBorders and Shading
Borders (tab)
Settings: (Left hand section)
Click 'None' to remove all border formatting
:
2 Style: (Centre)
Click on a line style
Settings: (Left hand section)
Click 'All'

You may also:

:
2 i Select a line style, color and width
ii Click on the 'Preview:' diagram to apply it
:

Repeat 2 i and 2 ii to taste.

When you are confident, modify the process to suit (that means
do it YOUR way)!!!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"dbuchanan" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is controlling my table? How do I get this table (which was pasted
from MS-help) to format like the tables created within Word?

The table has one outline around the entire table and an outline around
each cell. This gives double lines! I want single lines. I cannot find
any way to edit this within table properties?

Help! Thank you.

Allabout

Double borders can also occur when you have margins on your cells and have
set borders around text/paragraphs as well as the table cells. Look at the
selection box on the Format Borders and Shading window and check what is set
for borders around table, text, paragraph and cell.

Andrea Jones

oups.com...