Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
damon0131 damon0131 is offline

Default how can i select all the texts with the same style in a word file?

how can i select all the texts with the same style in a word file??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have Word up to 2003, you can use the find function CTRL+F to find
Format Style Stylename with the 'highlight all' option checked. This
works as long as the complete paragraph is formatted with the same paragraph
style.

This option is not apparently available in Word 2007 so there is no
automatic way to do so. You could use Find/Replace to locate them
individually or use a macro to process them individually.

damon0131 wrote:
how can i select all the texts with the same style in a word file??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default how can i select all the texts with the same style in a word f

In Word 2007, it is actually possible to find all instances of a style via
the Find dialog box too:

The first steps are the same as in previous versions:

1. Ctrl+F to open Find. Click in the €śFind What€ť field (the field must be
empty).

2. Click More and select Format Style desired style name.

3. Now the 2007 specific procedu Click €śFind in€ť and select €śMain
Document€ť. This will find and select all instances of the specified style and
works as €śHighlight all items found in€ť + €śMain Document€ť + €śFind All€ť in
previous versions €“ but it does not seem very obvious and I did not pay
attention to the €śFind in€ť button until recently (because I read another post
here).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

damon0131 wrote:
how can i select all the texts with the same style in a word file??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are right - it wasn't very obvious

Lene Fredborg wrote:
In Word 2007, it is actually possible to find all instances of a
style via the Find dialog box too:

The first steps are the same as in previous versions:

1. Ctrl+F to open Find. Click in the "Find What" field (the field
must be empty).

2. Click More and select Format Style desired style name.

3. Now the 2007 specific procedu Click "Find in" and select "Main
Document". This will find and select all instances of the specified
style and works as "Highlight all items found in" + "Main Document" +
"Find All" in previous versions - but it does not seem very obvious
and I did not pay attention to the "Find in" button until recently

damon0131 wrote:
how can i select all the texts with the same style in a word file??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is so unobvious that Beth Melton had to point it out to me numerous times
before I believed her! I think the Find All button was a lot more intuitive.

http://word.mvps.org

damon0131 wrote:
how can i select all the texts with the same style in a word file??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can also select all instances of a style through the Styles pane--as long
as you have selected Keep track of formatting in Word options: Click the
arrow to the right of the style name; click the line that says select all xx
instance(s).

Pam

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
It is so unobvious that Beth Melton had to point it out to me numerous times
before I believed her! I think the Find All button was a lot more intuitive.

You are right - it wasn't very obvious

[quoted text clipped - 33 lines]

how can i select all the texts with the same style in a word file??