Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert M Jones Robert M Jones is offline

Default Getting Word to remember the return address on envelopes

I use Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition, with Windows XP Home.
I have my Outlook Contacts set up as address book.
I have a variety of document templates set up in Word.

Every time I print an envelope in Word, it has forgotten the default
return address. I have to go through the whole routine of telling it
which profile to use, which Outlook address book to look in and which
return address to use. I tick the box for it to remember this as the
default return address.

In my Office 97 Pro, with Outlook 98, on Win 98SE, Word always
remembered the return address.

What steps should I take to get Word 2003 to remember the return
address? Is it stored in the relevant template?

--
Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

For an alternative method which does work see
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm or better still
create an envelope template and use that - you'll find automated samples on
my web site.

Robert M Jones wrote:
I use Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition, with Windows XP Home.
I have my Outlook Contacts set up as address book.
I have a variety of document templates set up in Word.

Every time I print an envelope in Word, it has forgotten the default
return address. I have to go through the whole routine of telling it
which profile to use, which Outlook address book to look in and which
return address to use. I tick the box for it to remember this as the
default return address.

In my Office 97 Pro, with Outlook 98, on Win 98SE, Word always
remembered the return address.

What steps should I take to get Word 2003 to remember the return
address? Is it stored in the relevant template?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Graham Mayor wrote:
For an alternative method which does work see
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm or better still
create an envelope template and use that - you'll find automated samples on
my web site.

Thank you - I'll try that. Also interesting to see your info about
graphics on envelopes - never realised that was possible!