Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Patty Patty is offline

Default Creating consecutive Numbered labels

How can I create consecutive numbered labels in MS Office 2003 using fields?
I am very new at this.

EXAMPLE: 2007409303
next would be: 2007409304

Word would need to add the last 3 numbers automatically

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nozza Nozza is offline

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 00:24:02 -0700, Patty
wrote:

How can I create consecutive numbered labels in MS Office 2003 using fields?
I am very new at this.

EXAMPLE: 2007409303
next would be: 2007409304

Word would need to add the last 3 numbers automatically

I've had a fiddle and can't work out a way of doing this in Word by
itself either.

It would be easy enough to create the numbers in Excel - enter the
first two numbers in cells A1 and A2,

2007409303
2007409304

then select both of the cells, and then drag down using the autofill
handle (the little black dot on the bottom right of cell A2 when A1
and A2 are selected).

Make sure the column width is wide enough to show the numbers properly
(and not 2.01E+09).

Save and close the spreadsheet.

Then use the mailmerge wizard to merge the data in the spreadsheet
cells into the labels.

HTH

Noz
--
Email (ROT13)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nozza Nozza is offline

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:42:21 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm

What a goldmine of information, Graham!

Thanks for posting the link.

Noz
--
Email (ROT13)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Patty Patty is offline

Thank you very much for your help. Your website is wonderful. I have saved
it to my favorites. I love the cat pictures as I am a cat person
myself.......

Patty