Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Do you want to save this doc?

Every time I open a previously written Word document in my Word 2002
(Office XP) and immediately close it without changing anything, Word
asks me if I want to save the changed doc. But I did not do anything
other than open and close it.

Why is that? What "changes" is Word talking about?

Thanks.

--
Jeff Williams

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See “WD2002: You Are Prompted to Save Changes When You Close a Document Even
Though You Have Made No Changes”
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816473

"Jeff" wrote in message
Every time I open a previously written Word document in my Word 2002
(Office XP) and immediately close it without changing anything, Word
asks me if I want to save the changed doc. But I did not do anything
other than open and close it.

Why is that? What "changes" is Word talking about?

Thanks.

--
Jeff Williams

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Thank you Suzanne. The behavior started some time ago and has been
bugging me ever since without my knowing why it started. I must have
changed the option unknowingly.

Appreciate the help.

Jeff

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See “WD2002: You Are Prompted to Save Changes When You Close a
Document Even
Though You Have Made No Changes”
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816473

newsgroup so