Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OE OE is offline

Default New keyboard

I have recently installed a wireless keyboard & mouse. I have just
discovered that when using Word now, when I try to select a portion of
script with Ctrl/shift keys,the highlight comes off at the end of a word. I
can't remember if I set this up with my old keyboard or if I am missing
something.

Help would be appreciated.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

When selecting by using Ctrl+Shft+dragging with the mouse, the space
following the Word is being selected IF you have the option selected to
'When selecting, automatically select entire word'. You can toggle this off
under the Edit tab in Tools, Options.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"oe" wrote in message
I have recently installed a wireless keyboard & mouse. I have just
discovered that when using Word now, when I try to select a portion of
script with Ctrl/shift keys,the highlight comes off at the end of a word. I
can't remember if I set this up with my old keyboard or if I am missing
something.

Help would be appreciated.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Try it and see.

Terry

"oe" wrote in message
I have recently installed a wireless keyboard & mouse. I have just
discovered that when using Word now, when I try to select a portion of
script with Ctrl/shift keys,the highlight comes off at the end of a word.
I can't remember if I set this up with my old keyboard or if I am missing
something.

Help would be appreciated.

TIA

visual keyboard vs. on-screen keyboard doubledutch Microsoft Word Help 0 February 27th 07 03:22 PM
Keyboard peleplsp Microsoft Word Help 1 January 23rd 07 05:47 AM
Keyboard peleplsp Microsoft Word Help 1 January 19th 07 11:01 PM
Keyboard short cut to change keyboard language setting Kari Microsoft Word Help 2 May 17th 06 03:05 PM
keyboard Dug New Users 1 April 14th 06 04:15 AM