Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Vanini John Vanini is offline

Default Select Text Marker is half size

I have Word 2003 and Windows XP.

My problem is that the "Select Text" pointer, when used in "Word", is only
half size - in all other programs it's normal size. I apologise but I'm not
sure what it's normally called.

However, it's the vertical line that is placed on the sheet to mark where to
begin typing, when you click the mouse button.

It's very annoying and I have no idea why it changed or how to correct it.
Can anyone help, please?

Regards,

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It's called the insertion point. And what you are seeing is a bug. As a
work-around, change the zoom, for example to 500% and then back to what
you are currently using.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John Vanini" wrote in message
I have Word 2003 and Windows XP.

My problem is that the "Select Text" pointer, when used in "Word", is

only
half size - in all other programs it's normal size. I apologise but

I'm not
sure what it's normally called.

However, it's the vertical line that is placed on the sheet to mark

where to
begin typing, when you click the mouse button.

It's very annoying and I have no idea why it changed or how to correct

it.
Can anyone help, please?

Regards,

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Vanini John Vanini is offline

Aaah! So that's what it's called! I'll remember that!

Thanks Stefan, for your reply. Strangely enough, though, I decided to see
what results my email had brought because I suddenly noticed, when writing a
document, that the insertion point had gone back to the size it used to be!

I had been using various other programs and perhaps that "cured" the problem
but I'll make a note of your advice for the future.

Thanks again, Stefan.

John

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad you got it sorted. If the problem comes back, changing the zoom
would certainly fix it.