Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tickle Tickle is offline

Default Word 2007

Aloha Everyone

I just installed 2007, and I am sure I'll pull my hair and such , but for
now, a few important questions.

How can I get the tools/icons to stick...meaning save, open, close print
etc. I have a ton of icons that I want to add in my default word document.

How can I add more to the ribbons and how can I make the icons smaller.

Lastly, where in the world would I find the "FILE" option - or is that
gone??

Honestly, I love all the new gadgets, and I personally don't mind exploring
a ton, but I have two classes left in my graduate program, and would love to
just figure out the basics for now.

I still have XP on my other two computers, but those don't have a dual
monitor option, as this one does which helps me in cutting my learning time
in half .

Well, its been a pleasure. Thanks for all the help in advance. I totally
welcome relevant links that don't take me around the block a few times. I am
interested in losing weight, just not in this fashion ;o).

I usually save the links and refer to them often, so hook it up!!!

Have a great and fantastic weekend.

Best - "ME"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Tickle" wrote in message
Aloha Everyone

I just installed 2007, and I am sure I'll pull my hair and such , but for
now, a few important questions.

How can I get the tools/icons to stick...meaning save, open, close print
etc. .

You find the Save, Open and Close by clicking on the Office button, right at
the top left-hand of the Word Window. You can customise the Quick Access Bar
by clicking on the drop-down arrow to the right...

I have a ton of icons that I want to add in my default word document

If you click on the iems across the top of the bar (Home, Insert, View etc)
you will see all the functions available to you.

How can I add more to the ribbons and how can I make the icons smaller.

I think you'll find that with all the different functions in the various
parts of the ribbon that you have plenty to be going on with! :-)

Lastly, where in the world would I find the "FILE" option - or is that
gone??

On the Office Button.....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tickle Tickle is offline

Gordon,

I totally appreciate your assistance and your acceptance of my 'humor' .
Sorry about the double post...I am not sure if I must sign on to the
community for my posts to show up. Your help was awesome. I now know that it
is OK to explore and play while working hard. I feel so dorky about the
office button! Duh??!

Take care and have a great weekend.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Tickle" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Tickle" wrote in message
Gordon,

I totally appreciate your assistance and your acceptance of my 'humor' .
Sorry about the double post...I am not sure if I must sign on to the
community for my posts to show up. Your help was awesome. I now know that
it is OK to explore and play while working hard. I feel so dorky about the
office button! Duh??!

Take care and have a great weekend.

You're welcome. It's not immediately obvious what the Office Button does,
is it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You mean the Pizza button.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Tickle" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

You mean the Pizza button.

ROTFL!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tickle Tickle is offline

Ok now that was a good one . Yes, that. After spending 5 hours on my
paper, I am very comfortable with the program...of course, there were things
I never used before, so I still don't know how, but that is cool with me .

You mean the Pizza button.

--

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Tickle" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

And note that many of the shortcuts are still the same: so Alt+F still opens
the file menu too.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Tickle" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Also, in case you didn't find this, if you want to add the Open, Close, any
command from the Ribbon or an entire group, just right-click any command you
see and then click "Add to Quick Access Toolbar". You can use the
right-click method to remove them as well. Note to add a group, right-click
the group name instead of on a command in the group.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word