Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Barney Katz Barney Katz is offline

Default Word loads very slowly

I'm using Microsoft Word 2002 (10.6826.6825) SP3 under Windows Vista Home
Premium. Upon installation, Word loaded very quickly but now it takes almost
30 seconds to load. To troubleshoot the problem, I loaded Word through RUN
winword.exe /a which loads Word without templates and add-ins. The test run
was successful; Word loaded instantly. Now I'm looking for a way to correct
the problem.

I seem to have deleted or removed all templates or add-ins from Tools menu
Templates and Add-ins but I'm not sure if some remnants of them remain
somewhere on the system. What should I do to get Word to load quickly again?

Thank you.

Barney

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Either a partially corrupt normal.dot, printer driver or bad add-in. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm for a
troubleshooting guide.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Barney Katz" m wrote in
message ...
I'm using Microsoft Word 2002 (10.6826.6825) SP3 under Windows Vista Home
Premium. Upon installation, Word loaded very quickly but now it takes
almost 30 seconds to load. To troubleshoot the problem, I loaded Word
through RUN winword.exe /a which loads Word without templates and
add-ins. The test run was successful; Word loaded instantly. Now I'm
looking for a way to correct the problem.

I seem to have deleted or removed all templates or add-ins from Tools menu
Templates and Add-ins but I'm not sure if some remnants of them remain

somewhere on the system. What should I do to get Word to load quickly
again?

Thank you.

Barney

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Barney Katz Barney Katz is offline

I had seen that page before posting here. Previously, I RAN winword.exe /a
and reported below that Word opened quickly. Previously, I also renamed
normal.dot without success. I don't have Outlook on my computer nor do I
have a network printer so those aren't the problem. I also deleted the Data
Registry key in ...Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Data.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Barney

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

All the others in the FAQ particularly the incompatible Add-in.

terry

"Barney Katz" m wrote in
message ...