Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donnamoks

Default why can't I put text over a graphic in Word?

I am trying to do Avery Name Badges in word with a badge-size graphic and the
name on top. It isn't working. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Yes - use Publisher.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"donnamoks" wrote in message
news
I am trying to do Avery Name Badges in word with a badge-size graphic and
the
name on top. It isn't working. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

But if you happen not to have Publisher installed, see
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:06:39 -0500, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

Yes - use Publisher.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"donnamoks" wrote in message
news
I am trying to do Avery Name Badges in word with a badge-size graphic and
the
name on top. It isn't working. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Yep - makes it tough to use a program if you don't have it. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
news
But if you happen not to have Publisher installed, see
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:06:39 -0500, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

Yes - use Publisher.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"donnamoks" wrote in message
news
I am trying to do Avery Name Badges in word with a badge-size graphic and
the
name on top. It isn't working. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

donnamoks wrote:
I am trying to do Avery Name Badges in word with a badge-size graphic and the
name on top. It isn't working. Any ideas?

It's pretty hard to recommend something when all we know is "it isn't
working!" What did you try? Are you familiar with Word's capabilities to
send pictures behind of the text layer (and behind tables at that)?

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS