Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Why does my Word automatically open last document?

Is it always the most recent document that gets opened? Or is it always the
SAME document? If it's always the same document, then someone has saved a
document over Normal.dot. The solution is to delete Normal.dot so Word can
create a new one.

If it's always the most recent document, then it sounds either like someone
has appended a macro to the shortcut that starts Word, or that an AutoExec
macro is automatically re-loading the last-opened document.

In the former case, the shortcut for Word would probably look something like
this:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\WINWORD.EXE" /mfile1

Here, /m tells Word to run a macro, and "file1" is a built-in macro that
opens the first file listed in the recent files list. Hence /mfile1 causes
Word to automatically re-open the last-opened file.

In the latter case, if you look at the macros available in Word, there would
be one named AutoExec, and it would contain a command similar to "file1", or
which, if different, accomplishes the same purpose.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"dslocum" wrote in message

Word 2003 version. When a customer our mine opens their Word
Application, it automatically opens the last Word Document that was
open. Any ideas as to why?

denny

--
dslocum

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dslocum[_4_] dslocum[_4_] is offline

Default Show number of Recent Documents disabled

Herb,
Thank you, everyone concerned has left for the day. I will check this
ASAP in the morning.
Thank you again, seems like the most logical answer; I'm speaking of
the Normal.DOT being overwritten.

denny

--
dslocum