Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ssFinland ssFinland is offline

Default Using ListNum fields with different levels

I hope the subject was clear enough :/

So I created a list by using ListNum fields. My purpose is to make list that
keeps up the numbering if I choose to change the order of the objects. I also
want to refer to the numbers. Because of the formatting matters I didn't use
normal numbered lists.

What I wanted to do is to use numbers e.g. 1, 2, 3a, 3b, 3c, 4, 5, etc. .
How can I create that kind of ListNum fields?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Create an outline-numbered list with 1, 2, 3, ... for level 1 and a, b, c,
.... for level 2. Then apply level 1 to text and use { LISTNUM \L 2 } to
insert a level 2 number within the same paragraph.

Alternatively, use SEQ fields. These give you full control over numbering,
but the downside is that they only update semi-automatically (for example,
when switching to Print Preview).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

LISTNUM Sandra Microsoft Word Help 1 September 18th 07 10:42 AM
LISTNUM Sandra Microsoft Word Help 1 September 18th 07 09:20 AM
LISTNUM Peter K[_2_] Page Layout 2 August 7th 07 02:04 PM
Word 2007 - Listnum fields gr8auntieokie Microsoft Word Help 2 February 21st 07 02:20 PM
LISTNUM Darlene Microsoft Word Help 1 June 10th 06 09:37 PM