Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Changing names and addresses

What you want is called mail merge. Since Word can't work with SPSS data
files, you'll first need to save your data file in a format that Word can
handle, such as Excel or Access.

The exact steps to follow are determined by which version of Word you're
using. I suggest that you press F1 in Word, and search for help on "mail
merge", which will show you how to proceed.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"VincentT" wrote in message

I working on questionnaire for a marketing research. I came across a
very tricky part. I have 800 ppl with different names and address in
SPSS.
I want to, in the simplest way, to insert name and address of one
person in every new questionnarie form.

That is 800 names&adderesses = 800 word documents.

I have a little corner where I want to insert the different
names&addresses.

I need to find a way to make it work without having to copy and paste
800 names into a 800 word documents and then save it.

The names and addresses are used as postal addresses, which is mailed
to the respondents.

I know there is something called macro... but that is it...

I would appreciate some assistance!

Thank you

--
VincentT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VincentT[_2_] VincentT[_2_] is offline

Thank you for yuor help. I solved it and manage to use excel and the
mail merge to print out 800 letters with 800 different names.

'Herb Tyson [MVP Wrote:
;2712960']What you want is called mail merge. Since Word can't work with
SPSS data
files, you'll first need to save your data file in a format that Word
can
handle, such as Excel or Access.

The exact steps to follow are determined by which version of Word
you're
using. I suggest that you press F1 in Word, and search for help on
"mail
merge", which will show you how to proceed.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com