Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ohsix ohsix is offline

Default Word 2007 Normal

I changed things like font, margins, paragraph in a new Word document and
saved it as C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\normal.dotx.

But every time I start a new Word documents, it's back to MS's defaults. For
example, I saved the font as Times New Roman, but a new doc still shows up
with Calibri.

How to I make a new documents have what I want? Is there a "normal.dotx"
somewhere else?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Only Word can create a "true" Normal template. IOW, if you save a file as
Normal.dotm (note the "m" instead of the "x") it's not the same as the
Normal.dotm file Word creates. To quickly find your Normal template, in the
Open dialog box click Trusted Templates on the left. (It should be the same
location you saved your Normal.dotx file.)

Note you can also modify the defaults without opening your Normal template
by using the "Default" button found at the bottom of the Font, Paragraph,
and Page Setup dialog boxes.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton