Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
markvi markvi is offline

Default New Global Template - Project Locked

I am trying to copy my macros and customizations in Word 2003 (Windows XP)
into a new (global) template so that I don't loose them all when Normal.dot
corrupts itself.

I have carefully followed the instructions recommended by the Forum at "Word
New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word"

I get the new template created, use the Organizer to copy the macros,
comment out all the macros in Normal.dot, move the New.dot to the
Word\Startup directory and open Word. It appears to open using New.dot but
when I look at Visual Basic Editor, it will not allow me to expand the
New.dot to view the Modules but says "Project Locked; Project unviewable."

Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried this two times now with the same
results. Thanks for any help anyone might be able to offer!
--
- markvi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Even if a template is loaded as an add-in, you do not have access to edit the
macros. You need to open the template itself.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"markvi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
markvi markvi is offline

Thank you Lene. Guess I was confused because I can edit Normal.dot whenever I
wish. But you have solved my problem. Thanks again!
--
- markvi

"markvi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Your are welcome. I am gald I could help.
Yes, Normal.dot differs from other templates...