Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BinPA

Default page spanning with multi-row tables

I am working with a table that has 5 rows and 8 columns in Word 2000. When
text in any of the cells in the bottom row exceeds the page size, I would
like the table structure to be duplicated on the next page and typing to
continue in the same relative cell. Is this behavior possible, and, if so,
how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BinPA

The last row will continue on to the next page with "Allow rows to break
across pages." What I would like to do is have any rows above the current
row be copied to the second page and place above where the text is continuing
from the previous page. For example, if rows 1 - 3 are static text labels
and one or more cells in row four needs to span pages, rows 1 - 3 are
repeated on the second page as well.

"BinPA" wrote in message
I am working with a table that has 5 rows and 8 columns in Word 2000.

When
text in any of the cells in the bottom row exceeds the page size, I would
like the table structure to be duplicated on the next page and typing to
continue in the same relative cell. Is this behavior possible, and, if

so,
how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Have you marked rows 1-3 as heading rows?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Isn't this what normally happens? Do you have "Allow rows to break

across
pages" enabled?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"BinPA" wrote in message
I am working with a table that has 5 rows and 8 columns in Word 2000.

When
text in any of the cells in the bottom row exceeds the page size, I

would
like the table structure to be duplicated on the next page and typing

continue in the same relative cell. Is this behavior possible, and,

if
so,
how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BinPA

I had not seen that option. It is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

"BinPA" wrote in message
I am working with a table that has 5 rows and 8 columns in Word 2000.
When
text in any of the cells in the bottom row exceeds the page size, I

would
like the table structure to be duplicated on the next page and typing

continue in the same relative cell. Is this behavior possible, and,

if
so,
how?

Restart Page No Deletes Even Page Footer chris Formatting Long Documents 6 April 24th 06 04:17 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM
moving tables spanning 2 pages to the next page joji Tables 1 July 22nd 05 08:20 AM