Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chris

Default Locking Numbered list?

Hi All

I have a long and complicated document which doesn't appear to like my
attempts to create another numbered list, and in any case, it needs to
be in the format: 10, 20, 30 which I don't appear to be able to do (at
least, I'm assuming, without cutting some code). So I'm currently
using a combination of numbered lists for the levels above (ie A, A1)
and then running an autotext which gives me my 10, 20, 30 list which I
can then click and overtype.

Problem is it's taking way too long. I want to be able to paste the
existing sentences in and apply the 10, 20, 30 numbering scheme but
cannot work out how.

Perhaps there is a way I can do this in a separate doc, lock it (as in
locking fields - Ctrl,Shift,F9) then paste it in, locked.

Just to recap, this is the list I am needing to somehow replicate:
A Heading
A1 Subheading
10 List item
20 List item
A2 Subheading
B Heading
B1 Subheading
10 List item

Please note that the last level of the list goes from 10 up to around
190 or so.

In any case I appreciate all ideas you may have, once again.

--
chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You can do the 10, 20, 30 numbering using the normal bullets and numbering.
Click Customize on the Bullets and Numbering dialog. Select '1, 2, 3' as the
number style. In the Number format box you'll see the number ('1' if the
numbering starts at 1) with grey shading. Insert a zero immediately after
it.

"chris" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

If you want to paste in the lists all ready to go, set them up in Excel. Use
a formula or Fill Series for the step-by-10 numbering, copy, paste into
Word.

"chris" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Of course, any sequence of numbers multiplied by 10 can be created
in a similar manner. All you have to do is to adjust the "Start at"
number for the list.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP