cth5c

Default Conditional Margin Format in Mail Merge

In a mail merge, how do I set a conditional paragraph/page format with the
left margin indented an additional inch if a field called "user group" = HF?
All other values for this field would use the standard page margins. I am
using Word 2002 with an Excel datasource.

cbaber
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y3RoNWM=?=,

In a mail merge, how do I set a conditional paragraph/page format with the
left margin indented an additional inch if a field called "user group" = HF?
All other values for this field would use the standard page margins. I am
using Word 2002 with an Excel datasource.

I'd say you'd need to use paragraphs formatted with a different left indent. You
should create a separate paragraph style for this.

It's tricky, though, getting a merge result to show paragraph formatting. It
would certainly have to be entire paragraphs in the IF field. You might even end
up needing to use IncludeText fields to bring in the conditional text.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)