Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Cashbackre Cashbackre is offline

Default Adding a reference to text body with word 2003

I am wondering if this is possible, I would like to cite a reference
in the body e.g [1] and at the end have the references in full e.g [1]
author, title, year e.t.c
I am wondering if there is a way whereby, if I were to add an
additional reference at the end, before or after my initial reference,
if my initial reference of [1] will automatically change in the text
body of my report?
so e.g if I added another reference [2] but I added a third in front
of reference [1] so it now becomes [2] if there is a way in word 2003
this automatic changes can take effect
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

The simplest way to do only this is to make them Endnotes. (That's if
the references are numbered strictly in the order they are mentioned
in the text, as in *Science*.)

If the bibliography is in alphabetical order, then format it as a
numbered list, and insert the cross references to it into the text (so
the first reference might be 15, and the second one 8). If you do it
this way, and you add items to the bibliography as you need them so
that numbering changes, you'll need to update your cross references by
selecting the whole text (Ctrl-A) and updating (F9).

On Mar 3, 12:25*pm, Cashbackre wrote:
I am wondering if this is possible, I would like to cite a reference
in the body e.g [1] and at the end have the references in full e.g [1]
author, title, year e.t.c
I am wondering if there is a way whereby, if I were to add an
additional reference at the end, before or after my initial reference,
if my initial reference of [1] will automatically change in the text
body of my report?
so e.g if I added another reference [2] but I added a third in front
of reference [1] so it now becomes [2] if there is a way in word 2003
this automatic changes can take effect

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you don't have copy of macros9.dot, you can download from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN.
This includes a footnote tool which I suspect will go a long way to
providing what you want. If you insert footnotes/endnotes the numbering is
automatically taken care of.
You can also insert formatted cross references to footnotes.