Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
enavarro51 enavarro51 is offline

Default Printing an outlined document without headings

I have created an outline in Word 2000, and then filled in body text under
the headings. Is it possible to print the body text without the headings?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can temporarily modify the heading styles in white text or hidden text,
and then print the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"enavarro51" wrote in message
I have created an outline in Word 2000, and then filled in body text under
the headings. Is it possible to print the body text without the headings?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
enavarro51 enavarro51 is offline

Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. I tried this and the hidden text seems to do what I
want. Problem is when I unhide the headings, the whole outline gets messed
up. The white text idea works better, but it does leave spaces in the
document where the headings were. I think that I will ultimately do separate
docs for the outline and the text and view them side by side as a solution.

Thanks again.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can temporarily modify the heading styles in white text or hidden text,
and then print the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"enavarro51" wrote in message
I have created an outline in Word 2000, and then filled in body text under
the headings. Is it possible to print the body text without the headings?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, you can change the font size and/or spacing before and after as well
as the color of text; then the text of headings can be made almost invisible
(if that is what you want).

On the other hand, if you decide to use separate documents, note that you
can do this to quickly create an outline for an existing document: Create a
table of contents without page numbers. Cut and paste the TOC into a
separate document and immediately unlink the TOC field by pressing
Ctrl+Shift+F9.