Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rich Fowl Rich Fowl is offline

Default save a word document so that is cannot be changed?

How do I save a word document so that it cannot be changed by someone else?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You put it on a removeable disc.
You remove the disc.
You keep it under lock and key.

In case you didn't get the point let me say explicitly that there is no way
you can do this. Word simply doesn't provide that level of security; in
fact, computers in general don't. You've got to trust people and if you
don't trust them, you don't let them see your document.

You can protect documents superficially in Word to stop accidental updating,
or you can provide slightly better security if you write your document out
as a PDF for others to read.

--
Enjoy,
Tony