Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dixie Dixie is offline

Default ClickYes

I know this program exists for sending merge data to emails in Outlook. Is
there any such program that will click the OK button for the dialogue box
that tells you that you are about to mail merge with the SQL and then names
the SQL. For example, mailmerging to Word from Access. Surely there must
be a program that can just answer OK to this invisible prompt?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You probably already know that you can disable these prompts by fixing the
registry as per

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765

but if you're not in a position to do that, then...

Surely there must be a program that can just answer OK to this invisible
prompt?

1. If there is, I think someone would have advertised it in here by now.

2. Although I don't know precisely how to do it myself I think you have to
hook a windows message and have a look at the properties of the dialog box
being displayed) I don't think it's actually all that hard to do this.
perhaps it's time I had another look myself. Clearly whoever wrote
ExpressClickYes knows how and perhaps it would be worth your while to
contact them and ask if something similar is possible. I'm sure they are
trying to make a living from their work so I wonder how they might do that -
perhaps a free utility that lets you click "Yes", and a payfor one that lets
you click "No", or be selective. I'm sure everyone in here would be very
interested if they do end up doing something.

Peter Jamieson