Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DeenaJ@AFS DeenaJ@AFS is offline

Default Macro problem with Mailmerge Labels and Excel database

I wanted to create macro to streamline a monthly task. I first created an
excel macro to format the data how I would need it to be in order for it to
work as a database for the Word Labels. My Excel Macro works fine - but I
cannot get my Word macro to work. I start to record a second Macro for the
Word portion of this task - go through all the steps I want the macro to
record, I get my database to work with my mail merge label document and am
able to get label printed and everything is good, but when I stop recording
and start over by running the macro I had just recorded €“ it errors out
every time. I have started from scratch on this several times, trying it
different ways and such with no solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

When it errors and you click on Debug, what line of code is highlighted.
It would of course help greatly if you included the code from the macro in
the body of your message so that we can see what it is.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"DeenaJ@AFS" wrote in message
I wanted to create macro to streamline a monthly task. I first created an
excel macro to format the data how I would need it to be in order for it
work as a database for the Word Labels. My Excel Macro works fine - but I
cannot get my Word macro to work. I start to record a second Macro for
the
Word portion of this task - go through all the steps I want the macro to
record, I get my database to work with my mail merge label document and am
able to get label printed and everything is good, but when I stop
recording
and start over by running the macro I had just recorded - it error's out
every time. I have started from scratch on this several times, trying it
different ways and such with no solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DeenaJ@AFS DeenaJ@AFS is offline

The line of code that is highlighted when I click on Debug is
'WordBasic.MailMergePropagateLabel'

"DeenaJ@AFS" wrote in message
I wanted to create macro to streamline a monthly task. I first created an
excel macro to format the data how I would need it to be in order for it
work as a database for the Word Labels. My Excel Macro works fine - but I
cannot get my Word macro to work. I start to record a second Macro for
the
Word portion of this task - go through all the steps I want the macro to
record, I get my database to work with my mail merge label document and am
able to get label printed and everything is good, but when I stop
recording
and start over by running the macro I had just recorded - it error's out
every time. I have started from scratch on this several times, trying it
different ways and such with no solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I would suggest that instead of trying to use a macro to do the whole merge
thing, you have a mail merge main document already set up with the
mergefields already in it and each month, you just attach the updated Excel
data source.

You would have to show us ALL of the code to see why that particular command
is causing a problem.