Cloudy Leo

Default How do I enable macros again In Microsoft Word 2002?

Whenever I start Word, a window pops up titled "Microsoft Visual Basic", with
the message:

"The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or
documentation to determine how to enable macros."

I am lost, I try to run a trusted macro but the same message pops up again.
All I want to do is to either be:

allowed to choose between enabling or disabling a macro
or
get rid of the quite annoying pop up message I get everytime I start Word...

Please help me, If anyone out there could be so kind...

Thank you for bothering to read...and Thank you in advance if you are
considering in responding...

On the Security Level tab of Tools | Macro | Security, set your security
level to Medium. This will give you the option of enabling or disabling
macros in any given project. On the Trusted Sources tab, check the box for
"Trust all installed add-ins and templates." That will automatically enable
macros in all templates in your user templates and workgroup templates
folder and in Word's Startup folder. Unfortunately, the trust does not
extend to the Office Startup folder, so any add-ins that load from that
location will have to be okayed every time you start unless you get a chance
to check, "Always trust macros from source."

"Cloudy Leo" wrote in message
Whenever I start Word, a window pops up titled "Microsoft Visual Basic",

with
the message:

"The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help

or
documentation to determine how to enable macros."

I am lost, I try to run a trusted macro but the same message pops up

again.
All I want to do is to either be:

allowed to choose between enabling or disabling a macro
or
get rid of the quite annoying pop up message I get everytime I start

Word...

Please help me, If anyone out there could be so kind...

Thank you for bothering to read...and Thank you in advance if you are
considering in responding...

Jay Freedman

In Tools Macro Security, if the security level is set to High,
change it to Medium. Also, on the second tab of that dialog, check the
box for "Trust all installed add-ins and templates".

Now look in the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\OFFICExx\STARTUP (where xx is 9, 10, or 11, depending on your
version of Office. If there are any templates there, move them to the
folder listed as the Startup location in Word's Tools Options File
Locations dialog. (That's probably several levels below the Documents
and Settings folder.) The one under Program Files is *not* a "trusted
location", while the other one is.

Now, when you open a document that contains a macro, it will show a
dialog that includes Disable Macros and Enable Macros buttons. Macros
in templates and add-ins should just run without prompts.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman