Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
madhavi

Default Figure numbering

Dear all,

When I try to format my text with Headings, subheading and with the figures
in it.

It is so difficult to make the system understand in what heading I am and
use the correct number of figures.

1. Heading 1
Figure 1-1
1.1 Sub Heading 1
Figure 1.1-1
Figure 1.1-2
1.2 Sub Heading 2
Figure 1.2-1
Figure 1.2-2
Figure 1.2-3
2. Heading 2
Figure 2-1

I need the numberings in this pattern authomatically.
I tried my best to get but unfortunate that sub heading figure numbering is
abit funny.

Thanking you.
Regards
Madhavi.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

If you are using InsertReferenceCaption, Word only allows you to
reference the numbering of a *specific* heading level.

Assuming that you only need one type of captions, you can do the
heading and caption numbering with AUTONUMLGL fields. Look them up in
Word Help.

Note that you won't be able to use a different separator before the
caption. Also note that AUTONUMLGL fields won't be picked up by the
cross-reference feature; you'll have to bookmark them manually and
reference the bookmark text.

For example, the following fields:

{ AUTONUMLGL \e } Heading 1
{ AUTONUMLGL \e } Heading 2