Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Diddy Diddy is offline

Default Excel percentage field as merge field

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to merge data from Excel 2003 into Word 2003 but I'm having
trouble with a calculated percentage field which gives 16 dec places when I
only need 1. I've tried changing to text but it's still remembering the whole
of the number. I've even tried changing to precision as displayed and then
doing a copy paste values but this does not make any difference.

Any suggestions
--
Deirdre
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Diddy Diddy is offline

Well I've found a partial answer at
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_wor...m#basic_switch

{={mergefield}*100\#"0%"}

but this gives it 0 dec places and I'd like 1 dec place. I've tried making
the 0% 0.0% but no difference.

Any ideas would be brilliant
--
Deirdre

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to merge data from Excel 2003 into Word 2003 but I'm having
trouble with a calculated percentage field which gives 16 dec places when I
only need 1. I've tried changing to text but it's still remembering the whole
of the number. I've even tried changing to precision as displayed and then
doing a copy paste values but this does not make any difference.

Any suggestions
--
Deirdre

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

{ = {mergefield fieldname} * 100 \# "0.0%"}

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP