Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand) Suwat Upathambhakul (Thailand) is offline

Default Word Mail Merge,Recipient No= 2 digit (Excel), wrong Return value

Need help, in Quality Control department (Pharmaceutical Factory), would like
to store Analysis Result (all products) in Excel file e.g. Result of Active
ingredient = 92.30 %. And prepare Certificate of Analysis by using Word 2007
under Mail Merge, but we found that % Active ingredient will show as
92.300000000001 (wrongly return value), we intend to show result as 92.30 or
92.300

We really appreciated if you advise how to fix such problem or recommend
another program to be used for this purpose.

Thanks and Regards,
Suwat U. 11/11/2008 20.45
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use Alt-F9 to show the field code. Where you see

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber }

add "\#0.00" to give you

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \#0.00 }

(You can delete \*Mergeformat if you see that in the field code)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

wrote in message
Need help, in Quality Control department (Pharmaceutical Factory), would
like
to store Analysis Result (all products) in Excel file e.g. Result of
Active
ingredient = 92.30 %. And prepare Certificate of Analysis by using Word
2007
under Mail Merge, but we found that % Active ingredient will show as
92.300000000001 (wrongly return value), we intend to show result as 92.30
or
92.300

We really appreciated if you advise how to fix such problem or recommend
another program to be used for this purpose.

Thanks and Regards,
Suwat U. 11/11/2008 20.45

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You need to add a \# ##.000 formatting switch inside the closing } of the
mail merge field that will be revealed when you use Alt+F9 to toggle on the
display of the field codes in the mail merge main document.

For more information, see the article "Formatting Word fields with switches"
on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP